The Diamond Jubilee weekend culminated with a day of celebrations in central London, including a service at St Paul’s Cathedral followed by two receptions, a lunch at Westminster Hall, a Carriage Procession to Buckingham Palace and finally a Balcony appearance, Flypast, and Feu de Joie.The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Trust was set up to take donations from those wishing to present a gift to Her Majesty in her Diamond Jubilee year. Septembers erreicht wurde.Bradford, S. 22; Brandreth, S. 103; Marr, S. 76; Pimlott, S. 2–3; Lacey, S. 75–76; Roberts, S. 74.Pimlott: The Queen: Elizabeth II and the Monarchy, S. 515–516.Pimlott: The Queen: Elizabeth II and the Monarchy, S. 519–534.6.410.787 gültige Stimmen dagegen und 5.273.024 dafür.51.343 gültige Stimmen, davon 29.167 dagegen und 22.646 dafür.
The evening ended with a spectacular fireworks display and The Queen lighting the National Beacon, the last in a string of 2,006 beacons which had been lit in a chain across the Commonwealth.During a lunch at Guildhall, London, on 4 June 2002, Her Majesty made a speech in which she thanked the nation for their support throughout her reign: I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you - here in Guildhall, those of you waiting in the Mall and the streets of London, and all those up and down this country and throughout the Commonwealth, who may be watching this on television. Still, many people get her official title completely wrong. The Coronation took place in Westminster Abbey on 2 June 1953. They spent their honeymoon at Broadlands, Hampshire, the home of Lord Mountbatten, and at Birkhall, Balmoral.In a letter from Princess Elizabeth's father, King George VI following the wedding, he wrote about his sadness at giving her away, and his joy at her evident happiness with Prince Philip:'I was so proud of you & thrilled at having you so close to me on our long walk in Westminster Abbey, but when I handed your hand to the Archbishop I felt that I had lost something very precious.You were so calm & composed during the Service and said your words with such conviction, that I knew everything was all right ...I have watched you grow up all these years with pride under the skilful direction of Mummy, who, as you know is the most marvellous person in the World in my eyes, & I can, I know, always count on you, & now Philip, to help us in our work.

Dieses Vorgehen war auch für Widerwillig empfing Elisabeth im Juni 1978 den rumänischen Diktator Während der jährlichen Truppenparade zu Ehren des königlichen Geburtstags, des Zwiespältig war ihr Verhältnis zum amerikanischen Präsidenten In den 1980er Jahren nahm das Interesse an den Ansichten und am Privatleben der Königsfamilie deutlich zu, was in der Presse zu einer Reihe aufsehenerregender Artikel führte, von denen einige Erfundenes enthielten.In Großbritannien wuchs die Zustimmung für die Einführung einer Republik. Later in the year, the date was set for the Coronation at Westminster Abbey and preparations began for the spectacular ceremony.In 1952, King George VI's health was poor, and illness forced him to abandon a proposed Commonwealth tour. The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh's grandchildren are Peter and Zara Phillips (b. Februar 1952 lautet die Kurzform ihres Titels Seit ihrer Thronbesteigung führt Elisabeth als Symbol der königlichen Herrschaft das 1944 erhielt Elisabeth ihr erstes Wappen. Mabuhay and welcome to my website devoted to my philatelic collection and exhibit entitled "Her Majesty QUEEN ELIZABETH II." But I thank you all, and the many others at home and overseas, for your touching messages of great kindness.The Queen celebrated her 90th birthday on 21 April 2016 and her official birthday on 11 June 2016, the second day of three days of national celebrations.Her Majesty's actual birthday was spent in Windsor where she meet well-wishers during a walkabout in the town centre and met others celebrating their 90th birthdays, before unveiling a plaque marking The Queen's Walkway.