Follow Wind of Change on Spotify to binge the full season.

It’s 1990. A power ballad helped bring down the Soviet Union. For free. A heavy metal band from West Germany, the Scorpions, releases a power ballad, “Wind of Change.” The song becomes the soundtrack to the peaceful revolution sweeping Europe — and one of the biggest rock singles ever. Listen to Wind of Change on Spotify. Among former operatives and leather-clad rockers, from Moscow to Kiev to a GI Joe convention in Ohio, it’s a story about spies doing the unthinkable, about propaganda hidden in pop music, and a maze of government secrets. I repeatedly recommended this podcast to family, friends, and co-workers. The Berlin Wall just fell. Wind of Change on Apple Podcasts 10 episodes It’s 1990. Was it written by the CIA? But he won’t answer emails, so Patrick travels to a GI Joe convention in Dayton, Ohio to try to make contact. Nearly everyone went to prison. But something about the concert doesn’t add up.LENINGRAD, USSR, 1988: Patrick finds another person who has told an eerily similar story about the Scorpions and the CIA. Listen to this episode from Wind of Change on Spotify. The Soviet Union is on the verge of collapse. Decades later, journalist Patrick Radden Keefe heard a rumor: the song wasn’t written by the … The host weaved a great story. Wind of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify. The Berlin Wall just fell. It’s 1990. And the soundtrack to the revolution is one of the best selling songs of all time, the metal ballad “Wind of Change,” by the Scorpions.Thanks for listening to Wind of Change. Wind of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify. The Berlin Wall just fell. Pineapple Street Studios / Crooked Media / Spotify Wind of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify.

I guess I “wanted" or “expected” the ending to be different but realized over a few days that the journey of the story provided more satisfaction than any ending could have. Such a great script.

The Soviet Union is on the verge of collapse. Both episodes are only available exclusively on Spotify.HANOVER, GERMANY, 2020: There is one last person Patrick needs to ask about “Wind of Change.” At a small hotel in sleepy Hanover, Germany, it is time to confront Klaus Meine about his biggest hit.MOSCOW, RUSSIA, 2019: On a boat ride down the Moskva River, Patrick starts to fear that this entire podcast could itself be CIA propaganda.

The Soviet Union is on the verge of collapse. Good job!As a child of the 80s I loved every minute. The easiest way to listen to podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, smart speaker – and even in your car. Plus, a former CIA clandestine officer suggests there may be other musical acts still collaborating with the agency.Very good podcast. Subscribe to your favorite podcasts, listen to episodes offline and get thrilling recommendations. Highly recommendMy dad loved a shaggy dog — my dad and I see the world really different.

Did the CIA write a power ballad that ended the Cold War? It’s 1990. Get the whole world of podcasts with the free radio.net app.
“Wind of Change.” An offbeat eight part investigation Wind of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify.

I waited with bated breath each week for the next episode. We’ve made two additional episodes of the show — a pair of stories that we couldn’t fit into the main season of the podcast, but are so wild we had to share them with you. Patrick heads to Naples, Florida, to find out why Doc threw a rock festival in Moscow instead of going to prison.MOSCOW, USSR, 1989: Klaus Meine, the lead singer of the Scorpions, has said for 30 years that the Moscow Music Peace Festival in 1989 inspired him to write “Wind of Change.” Bon Jovi, booze, Ozzy Osbourne, cocaine, fireworks, fist fights, the KGB -- Patrick takes you step by step through the wildest music festival in Russian history. Wind Of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify.
The Soviet Union is on the verge of collapse. “Wind of Change.” An offbeat eight part investigationWind of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify. According to some fans, it’s the song that ended the Cold War.Decades later, New Yorker writer Patrick Radden Keefe hears a rumor from a source: the Scorpions didn’t actually write “Wind of Change.” The CIA did.This is Patrick’s journey to find the truth. The Berlin Wall just fell. What A Day—what's happening, why it matters, and what you can do about it.You didn’t scroll all the way down here for nothing.NEW KEEP IT: EUGENE LEVY & CATHERINE O'HARA FROM SCHITT'S CREEK A lot of time investment for almost zero payoff - is the joke on me? Wind of Change is an Original Series from Pineapple Street Studios, Crooked Media and Spotify. Cross country trip material only -preferably in an old Greyhound Wind of Change – Pineapple Street Studios / Crooked Media / Spotify was last modified: August 2nd, 2020 by Kurt Laufer And the soundtrack to the revolution is one of the best selling songs of all time, the metal ballad “Wind of Change,” by the Scorpions. That’s the mystery driving the new eight-part podcast series Wind of Change, which comes from a stacked partnership between Pineapple Street, Crooked Media, and … Or worse, Ksenia, his Russian fixer points out: propaganda by the successors to the KGB.CAYMAN ISLANDS, 1982: The Scorpions’ manager Doc McGhee has a secret past: he played a role in one of the largest drug busts in U.S. history, working with a smuggling ring that included CIA asset (and Panamanian dictator) Manuel Noriega. But Doc didn’t serve a day. And the soundtrack to the revolution is one of the best selling songs of all time, the metal ballad “Wind of Change,” by the Scorpions.It’s 1990. Journalist Patrick Radden Keefe investigates the secret history of Cold War espionage and heavy metal. Bonus and Follow Wind of Change on Spotify to binge the full season.

I had to process the final outcome for a few days. The Berlin Wall has just come down. Made for an absolutely enjoyable listen. I’ll be honest I initially wasn’t happy.